1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrating sound

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Prasino, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Prasino

Prasino Junior Member

I have a 93 ford f350 xlt automatic. I have a problem, seems that when i hit around 45 mph the truck starts to vibrate. It sometimes happens when i push the throttle down at 65mph. Please Help Me
  2. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

Check your rear U-joint. Have someone shift from drive to reverse while you look at it (from the side of course!). Then get underneath with a screwdriver or small pry bar and see if there is any movement. If none then get your tires balanced and rotated. If still there you might have a tranny problem. I would bet it is your u-joint tho.
  3. RTallday

RTallday Member

Ok, first off, i am a CHEVY MAN, but i am also a mechenic. I would check the U joints in the rear driveshaft, it is PROBABLY one of them, that is assuming you have more than one U joint in there. I would just drop the driveshaft and feel the u joints. The shaft is easy enough to remove. When it is totally out, put it on a bench and the joints should move very freely. If they hang up, like if the spline doesnt fall from its own weight, then replace them. Understand? I hope i explained that well, cause i can see it, but i dont know how to tell about what i see. HC also had a good point about getting the tires re-balanced if the u joints arent the cause. If its not either of those, start looking into a transmission. Hope i was of some help.

4. Prasino

Prasino Junior Member

Thank you for your help. I have a mechanic who is a close freind of mine, he will check it out soon. I hope it isnt the tranny.
  5. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Torque Converter...maybe. A friend of mine had a very similar happening to his rig...it was the torque converter going on it.... Just an idea