1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vibrating and noise when i take off f-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hewitt64, Apr 7, 2001.

1. hewitt64

hewitt64 Junior Member

I need help with a problem with my 93 f-350. when i take off there is a thunk noise coming from my rearend and it vibrates a little when im driving. I bought it off a guy and he said there was 46000 origanal miles and it was ownd by a dpw in a small town. Im begenning to wonder?

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The miles are probably correct. Touble is they are 46,000 hard miles.

Geoff

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

take it to a repair shop,have them road test it ASAP,it sounds like a tooth chipped off the ring or pinion gear in the rear end-if this is the case,driving it may destroy the carrier or housing-making a $1200 an 1800-2500 job rather quickly.If you are mechanically inclined,pull the differential cover off,and check out the gears-since you just bought it-it should be serviced anyway,that is money well spent.No matter how low the miles-the truck is 8 yrs old,and these things happen to trucks way newer than that.It usually takes an abusive driver to chip the gears on a 1 ton,you should have the sterling/10.25"-a beefy rear.