1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by beck, Feb 26, 2001.

1. beck

beck Junior Member

Does anyone out there have a vette? After driving around with the trailer all the time I think i would like something that would just flat out fly.

What kind of insurance costs do you have? any tickets/accidents.

gas mileage?

Got to love them Chevy's.
    I have a 99 Z71 ext. cab LS
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I dont,but one of my best friends does,if i feel the need I can go hop in his 98 C-5 and go for a ride.Man that thing rocks for an automatic,it feels especially fast after driving my 3/4 ton pickup towing all day.
  3. bkpickell

bkpickell Junior Member

I don't have one, but my dad has two: a 68 and a 79 both are great cars but if your worried about gas mileage your looking at the wrong car.. he is lucky to get 8MPG on the highway and maybe 6 in town... insurance on the older ones is pretty cheap cause depending on where you live you are not likely to drive it all year round and can get away with storage insurance through the winter months which normally runs about 15 dollars for six months.. so mixed in with the outrageous amounts you pay for the rest of the year its not too alfully bad.. hope that helps a little...
  4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover Junior Member

I know it is not a Vette, but....

What about a Mustang GT? They are inexpensive compared to a Vette and have potential that is unbelievable...

Or... Get a bike! They are inexpensive, go fast, get 40+ MPG and chicks dig'em! Nothing compares to the feeling of freedom that comes with a bike...

May Harley is the best therapy I ever paid for!

5. Keith

Keith Junior Member

Now I can talk Mustangs :) I currently have two older ones, an 87 LX 5.0 Hatch and and 88 LX 5.0 Coupe. They are money pits, stay away from them :D Once you start modifying them you cant stop. Both of mine are torn apart right now, I am working on the roll cage for the coupe right now.

I am thinking about buying a 01 GT and I'm gonna try not to tear it apart :)