1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Very strange issue with the new F350.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Buswell Forest, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yesterday, I took the "new truck" to the store just because...

The frost was just starting to melt on the windshield, and I started out...and when I raised the XV², the dash readout, radio, and heater all shut off for 3 to 4 seconds! It did this every time I raised the plow until the truck was fully warmed up! Using the wings didn't cause them to turn off.
    I am concerned, because even fully warmed up, using the raise function will draw the engine rpm down to under 500 at idle.

Anyone have any insight here?

I will copy and paste this in the Fisher forum as well.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Are you feeling the rpm lower or is the tach just saying so? Raising the plow takes more effort, so the extra draw makes sense but not to this effect. It must be in the wiring somewhere. Double check the connections at the battery and all the grounds. Any chance the joy stick is bad and causing weird things? Maybe the raise position is funky but all the rest are good. Just brainstorming.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It's pulling too much when cold for the trucks computer. They are very sensitive on the new trucks and my assumption is while cold it's drawing more than the truck is ready for while it's warming up.

4. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Also, does your truck have (I don't know if they still offer it?) the instant heat heater core thing? Its electronic as well.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check to make sure the installer used plow fluid and not atf.

6. Buswell Forest

from NH

Yes, the engine slows down, it isn't just in the tach.
    No, the electric supplemental heater is only an option for the diesel trucks. Mine is gas.

7. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

what is it with the new gen controllers / installers these days ?

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

FYI, my 011,012 were fine. My 13 would do that periodically while plowing,I expect that to happen to my 14 also. I'm willing to bet it did that at the top of the stroke. I wouldn't be too concerned and my truck had dual alternators. there is a TSB about the somewhere I will find it later.

9. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

none of our fords all diesel, have dual alts and dont have any draw issues ...
    im willing to wager its an install issue . gotta know it , not guess it .
    cant be plugging power into wrong fuse points , and there a few that will bite you

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

why would an installer cheat ? seems from here , there are a lot of failured installs out there.

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

Indeed, it does it at the top of the stroke. I would very much appreciate it if you could show me the tab. Thank you.

12. Buswell Forest

from NH

I intend to make my dealers give me valid and concrete explanations.
    The Fisher dealer does hundreds of installs, and 90% are on Super Dutys.
    I wouldn't think they did it wrong, but who knows?

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

This is more of a ford problem then a dealer install. I'm traveling to Kc tonight, I'll look tomorrow

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Does it do not still once warmed up?

15. Buswell Forest

from NH

Warmed up, doesn't do it. Was set to take it to the fisher dealer this am, but it didn't do it again...however it was mostly warmed up. I will use it some more, and evaluate...

16. Yates004

Yates004 Member

Who did the install in New Hampshire if you don't mind me asking.

17. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

after reading this thread last night I check mine at could start mine never did what yours was doing I even ran my dump at same time I raised my plow never done that

I must got a good Ford truckxysport

18. Buswell Forest

from NH

E.W. Sleeper, Concord.

19. Yates004

Yates004 Member

I'd give Alton motorsports a call. They just did ours and it Dosent do that on a 9'6" extreme v