1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Very SLOOOOOOOOWWWW Drop speed? help!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by snowcrazy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Hello all, Ive had my snow dogg ex 85 for 3 years now and it has worked flawlessly all along. The other day my one and only employee calls me and saids "hey this plow is dicking up"... I asked him what it was doing and he saids that it lifts and angles left and right just fine but it when you press the down button it is barely moving. So I meet him over at the place he was working and I try the drop speed control valve. It didn't change anything no matter how far out I turned it.

Well, since I was lazy and didn't change out my hydrolic oil this year I checked it and it definetly needed changed. So I got all the fluid out of all cylinders/lines/motor/reservoir.............. I also just for shitz and giggles unhooked the lift cylinder from the hydro line and pushed it down just to make sure it wasn't the cylinder its self. I tried to push it slowly but nope that crap sprayed all over me when I did this (I cursed).............. So put fresh snowdogg hydro oil in and worked all the air out. Same thing, left, right, and up work perfectly but down is still a snails pace.

Any help would be appreciated. I would think electrical if it wouldn't move atall but as soon as I press the down button is does slowly go down.....

Thanks all.

2. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Did you pull out the valves and clean/inspect them?
    It sounds like the SA valve (the front one with the blue wires) may have some debris stuck in it.

3. OrganicsL&L

OrganicsL&L Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree probably the SA valve. Pull it out and clean the screen. I had this problem and once I did that it worked fine. You may want to drain the whole system and pull the main screen out of the resevoir to make sure that it isn't beginning to clog as well. I found that once I cleaned the SA valve that screen then clogged and everything except the drop was painfully slow.