1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VERY impressed with WESTERN

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Andy96XLT, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I was looking through a bunch of threads a couple weeks ago for tips on how to refinish my plow and saw that a bunch of people contacted Western when they repainted everything to get decals for free. Since Decal sets are $50 with shipping or so on ebay I figured I would try this also. I contacted them asking if they offered replacement decals and a day later someone contacted me back telling me that they did and asked for my plow type, size, and other specs along with my address and phone number.

It has been 7 business days and I got a packing in the mail. It was all of my new decals from western very nicely packed PLUS a personalized note from I guess someone who works there thanking me for using Western snow plows and thanking me for refinishing my plow and allowing THEM the opportunity to help me out when refurbishing my plow. The person also attached his business card and wrote in the letter that if I needed anything in the future to not to hesitate to contact him and wished me a very productive, and safe winter.

For a large company I am VERY impressed with their customer service and think that people deserve to know when a company does well.

Thumbs Up

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That is awsome! As a Western dealer mechanic I am proud of them. Nice to hear some positive remarks as opposed to the usuall belly aching.

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Yeah i hear people talkingbad about them on here saying im done with western but i have never had a problem with them been a great company to deal with in my opinion!

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's pretty impressive for sure.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have to admitt that some of the things Western has sent to us have had problems, bad welds occasionally and missing pieces now and then but they always dance when the customer brings it in and we call for help. They can't magically fix things over the phone but they will air ship parts at their expence and do not hesitate to authorize the prompt replacement of parts to get the operators back on the road. Economics is a delicate balancing act, especially in these tuff times, and it is suprising that a gesture like this that cost them so little can do more good than a $10,000 advertizing campaign.

6. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Thats great!!! $20 in stickers might have made a repeat customer in the future....

7. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

mishnick-- thats why I wanted to start this post. I believe with so many big companies not truly caring about the customer that this was a nice gesture and I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I too have read some terrible things about western, but I wanted to let people know that everyone makes mistakes but they seem to stand by their products and seem to have excellent customer service. Someone reading this thread could have their mind completely turned around about Western products after hearing about good things like this.

8. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

man, i never got my stickers. got the shaft

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I know its not a western, but when I refurbished my old MM1 8' plow and created a thread about it. John Murphy contacted me for my address as well and sent out a package of Decals for the plow for free. I was definitely impressed that they did that for me, and like you made me want to continue using them in the future.

10. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

If you are interested please send me your size and type of plow along with your shipping address to info@westernplows.com. I would also love to see a picture of your newly refurbished plow on our Facebook page if you would like to show it off Thumbs Up. The Facebook link is www.facebook.com/westernplows.

Take care!

11. nh785

nh785 Member

D&D is great. They have taken care of all my concerns and have even come out to my shop. I have started buying their stock because I beleive they will continue to succeed with the customer service they have shown me.

12. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Well isn't this a bunch of BS, I was informed we had to buy decals now so I ordered 6 sets a month ago.

13. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Easy There......The "Boss" Guys will come on here and say that their Decals are better than Westerns......:laughing:

Glad to hear a Positive Story....DD and John Murphy have been Very Kind to me also...Thumbs Up.....:drinkup:

14. SCOTT SNOW

SCOTT SNOW Junior Member

All that are in the douglas dynamics family are top self,product and people.

15. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i emailed ya

16. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

kopper10, i just purchased another 9 ft western today. and need stickers for it after i repaint it! i will email you again.this one will be going on a skidloader.

17. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

WOOHOO!!! i am now also very impressed with western! got a sticker kit for my plows and now they look like westerns again!!!!

Drove me nuts having a generic looking plow. Now they have nice purdy stickers!

18. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

A couple of weeks ago i liked western snow plows on facebook. About a week later i was informed that i won a contest they were holding where all you had to do was like their page and you would be entered in the drawing for a cabelas gift card. So i sent them my address and yesterday when i got home from work i had a $100 cabelas gift card in my mailbox! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

19. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I wrote them an email on Sunday regarding stickers and a picture of the plow I repainted and I got no response. I wanted to know if they had a certain color combo and still havent heard from them.

20. mnz28

mnz28 Member

A really cool western customer service story. In the middle of a snowstorm in the winter of 95/96 and my first year plowing. I couldnt get my plow to angle and had no clue how to fix it. I emailed westerns customer service on my blazing fast 56k modem. Within a hour I had a reply with instructions of how to adjust the cable to get it to work right. They also mailed me a service manual at no cost. That kind of customer service has had me hooked ever since.