1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Very happy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mark Witcher, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Late last winter I bought a Blizzard 810 and traded in my Boss 8ft superduty straight blade. I used prowings on the boss. Well after using the Blizzard for 3 storms this week I am very pleased with the Blizzard. We do everything from a Wal Mart supercenter and shopping center complex to country residentials and two lane roads. Its an awesome plow. My partner has a Boss 9.2 V and we both agree that the Blizzard is a more productive plow. The only critisisim I have on the Blizzard is that the hydraulics are a little slower than my old Boss straight blade , but it is an acceptable tradeoff. As soon as our Boss 9.2 is closer to death we will be getting another Blizzard 810. :)

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

So what make the blizzard that much more efficient that say your old Boss or any other plow? I own two Westerns and one Meyer, all straight blades, mainly because I can get parts @ any time of the night with my connections.

3. Mark Witcher

Its the wings that make the difference. Its wider than the 9.2 V and it doesnt have the hinge in the center that a V does, which really improves the windrowing performance. It will carry snow around a corner much better than the V plows because you can angle the plow as you turn, which keeps the snow from trailing off.
    In my opinion the V is 3 times better than a straight blade and 1.5 times better than a straight blade with prowings. And the Blizzard is 1.5 times better than a V blade.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Thats interesting did it take you long to get used to the new controls and all the functions

5. Mark Witcher

Nope. A couple hours and it was just like old times.