1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Very happy with my new Fisher Plow!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NYH1, Mar 14, 2014.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I bought a new Fisher 7.5' SD series Plow this year. The plow is on my '07 Ram 1500 QC SB 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, auto, tow pkg., 3.92 gears w/ anti-spin rear diff. it just turned 49k miles. It did a great job. I was really impressed. I took it easy and didn't beat it. I put the recommended 450 lbs. ballast weight in the box against the tall gate and that really helped. I highly recommend everyone to use the recommended ballast weight. It helped my truck not just get better traction, but just hold the road better while driving in crappy conditions.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a new 2014 Ram 2500 or 3500 ST/Tradesman Regular Cab 4x4, 6.4L Hemi, auto, 4.10 gears w/ anti-spin/locking rear end (really leaning towards the 3500) and a Fisher 8.5' or 9' HD series Plow. I'll put the recommended 350 lbs. ballast in the box against the tall gate as well. I really like the Fisher Minute Mount 2 system. It go's on and off nice and easy and my dealer is really good, helpful and close by. I'll use my current Ram (and plow setup) as my daily driver and a back up plow truck if need be. It'll be nice to have an extra truck just in case.

This was my first year plowing. Between my truck, new tires, new plow it was a great first season. Hopefully many more to come. Now I have to buy some lawn mowing equipment to get through the summer/warmer months and just wait until my favorite season.....next plow season!

NYH1.

2. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

I've got the same plow on my 2500 Cummins and I love it. The truck handles it fine as you might expect having a 1500. Glad you like it and continued good lick.

3. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

The SD is a great plow for a half ton. I went a little rougher on mine this year, plowing a few commercial accounts every storm, the plow is a rock, no problem yet with it. I would like to get a HD for my truck but the SD is still a great plow. Can't wait until next year to start plowing again, lol, let us know if you get the new truck or plow set up