1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Very difficult drives

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

So we have this one area, with some very difficult drives. I thought I would share a video, of how difficult they are. Personally I find they are worse then they look on the video. Enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/V-koG9ynijE I will also be posting it in my video and pictures thread

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I could be mistaken, but I think a few of those is why heated driveways were created.

3. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

Definately somr tricky drives. Can you run chains on the tractor? or is that not allowed by the home owner/ city. Just wondering. Any tractors you want to ship to massachusetts with a blower on it?? As always nice vid

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

...and every one of them went for the prepaid mail in discount.LOL

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

That must have been scary when the tractor started sliding sideways on that driveway.

Hard to tell how steep they are in the video, I have a couple that are probably similar to that, but one at least has a flat spot on the drive before the road.....been sliding sideways on that one before. V plow helps tremendously. Looks like some of your drives there is no where to put the snow though, blower is the way to go.

6. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

And then they gripe about you blowing snow into the shrubs and "how come you charge me so much more than the guy across the street pays?" Good driver - missed the blue box. Our little town has a new garbage contractor. Wednesday was garbage day and they put half the empty big green bins down on the roads instead of in the driveways. Go slow enough and push them with the side wing and they slide without breaking but what a PITA!

7. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

This is Montreal - wouldn't want to pay the electrical bill to heat those even with our "cheap" Hydro rates.

8. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Is that a small salter on the front of the tractor or just a ballast box? Those are hard with a tractor....i couldn't imagine anything less.

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I hope they get charged a few $'s more, cause I can see the crappyness of those drives.

10. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Looks like you have some pretty good operators! I've spent a few summers running a similar sized tractor and batwing mower combo, dealing with slopes and tight spaces - I have an appreciation for what your operators do on snow and ice.

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

No chains, studded tires, or steel cutting edges allowed.

Thats why we hate Blue Wednesdays (recycle day) and Thursday is garbage day. You may get a kick out of this video.http://youtu.be/5cSBX3fljfk

We send our best operators out there, that was my youngest brother Rob.

12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine would classify as a difficult drive. That's why it only gets plowed in 6"+ or when I'm going to have people over (never in the winter)