1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vertexs in 05 f250

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kitn1mcc, Mar 14, 2009.

1. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

2. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Very nice.
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

cool beans....now throw in some t-4's in the grill and sync em up...
  4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

thats all the customer wanted
  5. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

are they good in day. the vid doesnt really show much intensity. my boss is intristed in vertexs, a mini bar and maybe some lin6's, and i want to know if vertexs are worth the $65
  6. roccodablue

roccodablue Junior Member

Were the vertexs pretty easy to install?? How much are they per light?
  7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they are the same as strobe haws to install. price depends on were u get them
  8. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

well thanks for letting me know that they are the same as strobes. but ive never done either so that doesnt help me.
  9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if it helps the vertexes can be installed blindfolded if you didnt even know anything about them. they come with installation instructions are brighter that the 90w strobe systems and last longer.

so yea even if they were $125 a light they would be worth it.

and if you really want to make it bright get a law system.
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Looking forward to getting my Vertex's! =] doing at least four in my 06 along with two L32LAF beacons on the safety rack!
  11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the L32 are a damn nice light. you can put the cages on them just need to cut them down a bit. i like to set my l32 to rotate and setup for cruise
  12. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

I have the vertex installed in my cab light on the roof
  13. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I just put amber vertex's in my 04 ram, and I think they suck. First they are not amber they are lemonade yellow witch can be barely be seen in the day, no where near amber. They are not bright at all, my friend has a ebay cheap 90watt strobe kit with amber bulbs, and it is much brighter in the day and night.
  14. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you may have an issue with the LEDS send them back to whelen. you did put them behind clear or amber lenses
  15. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

this is flat out wrong......they are not brighter in any way at all......they are a completely differetnt light source all together. They are definitely NOT brighter than a tube EVER

and the pee yellow you have is whelens attempt at amber...it's actually a clear vertex with a yellow lens i believe which makes them DIMMER as it's filters out the light...

leds need to be the color they are outputting to work good, lenses over white never are as bright as a colored led....thats where whelen dropped the ball on the vertex...

i suggest you return the YAMBER vertexes with the covers and get a set of the nova ones in amber, you will be much happier.

red/green/blue/white vertex....100% cool....amber....sucks