1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vertex or hide a blast

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mikemike0409, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Mikemike0409

Mikemike0409 Junior Member

Not sure which ones are better Its going in a 2005 ford just in the headlights

2. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

I can only speak about Vertex's, but they are bad a$$!!!! Very bright, a lot of patterns, syncable and well worth the money!

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes the Vertex are awesome

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I would go with the Vertex or our Single Strobes N More brand. Both are extremely bright and solid 2 year warranty.

5. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

6. Evil PSD

Evil PSD Member

Vertex by far, I work at an install shop and use them almost everyday. They aren't called hide-a-trash for no reason.

7. Strobesnmore

I would strongly suggest staying clear of any web site that sell all chinese lights. Many have come before you and learned a hard lesson. Most of those lights off little to no warranty and most are out of business is a short period of time. Stick with a name brand product or company and you will be much happier in the long run.

8. Roundhammer

Roundhammer Member

I just have external mounts..

I was actually talked out of internal Strobes. I'm super happy with my set up.

Whelen Amber Ions on the grill and 2 Amber Linz6 on the licence plate bracket at the rear ( they are CRAZY bright!)

Saved myself some good $$$ in labour too.

RH

9. BrandonSRH

BrandonSRH Junior Member

Any one using code 3 hide away LED's? People seem to say those are the brightest..

10. Strobesnmore

We see very little for Code 3 around here. The Whelens are great lights.

11. BrandonSRH

BrandonSRH Junior Member

Which are brighter the Whelens or your brand?.. Just browsing your site a few minutes ago

12. BrittAWL

BrittAWL Junior Member

I will say that the Code 3 6-Pack LED Hide-A-Blast are probably among the brightest LED hide aways I have seen. The Vertex were great when they came out, but now there are newer and brighter lights out there that are giving Whelen a run for their money. A close second on my list would be SOS Undercover LAWs, then Feniex Fairys.

The one thing I do not like about the Code 3 LAWs is that you cannot screw them into the lights for added protection. Nothing a little silicone can't fix though ;)

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

x2...............

14. BrandonSRH

BrandonSRH Junior Member

Not sure why so many are against Code 3 lights they have some if the brightest lights out there. I mentioned the hideaways because I have seen a bunch of reviews saying those of one of the brightest strobes out. Like you mentioned I did see some complaints about how they are installed.

15. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I dont think people are having that big of an issue with them, just that they've used the Whelen Vertexs or SNM version more. The major difference that I can see are below. Take your pick:

SNM/Whelen: "Vertex" Vs Code 3 6 pack

-8 LED heads Vs. 6 LED heads on both Code 3 and Whelen.
    -2 year warranty vs. 5 year warranty
    -12' cord vs 15' cord
    -100 percent waterproof vs I could not find any info for this on Code 3. (Thats what did it for me.)
    -Screw in mounting vs pop in mounting (this is also huge. Regardless if there is use of silicone)
    -21 flash patterns vs 20 flash patterns
    -35 degree "option" vs no option available to those who want a fuller/brighter directionality of the light for that type of application.
    -Price: $54.99 vs $59.99
    There is more Im sure but I dont have all day to sit here and figure em out. If people would like to add more by all means let me know and I'll change/update.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012