1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vertex Install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Joe Snow, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Hey all....
    I've got 4 Whelen vertex HAW LED strobes on their way (great deal from tac2 @ $66 per).
    Anyways, I've got a wiring question:
    With these lights theres a sync wire and a scan lock wire. I don't know the purpose of these and how to wire them. These lights will be in my front turns and rear reverse. I've got a switch that I want to run them to as you can see.

I'm guessing the sync wires for the left side will go together as well as front and back on the right side, so they'll flash at the same time. What about the scan lock?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion...:waving:

Here's the switch:

Switch.jpg

2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

if i remember correctly the scan lock is to switch the patterns of the lights

3. John911

John911 Member

Yes, Scan-Lock is pattern selection; synch ties the lights together so they flash either simultaneously or alternately.

4. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

So then based on my illustration, I'd connect the synch wires left front to left rear and right front to right rear.

I'd also connect the scan-locks as above and bring one wire from each side to the "Mode" switch on my swith panel?

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

First off, I would connect the sync wires together side to side, or all 4 together. If you connect them as sides, then the fronts wouldn't in a pattern, same for the rear. Secondly, that switch is made for a power supply because it has only one wire going to the power supply for pattern. You shouldn't connect the scan lock wires together on one switch, it makes it more difficult to select the correct/desired pattern and phase. Run all of them to one central location, and then you apply positive power to each one individually to set the pattern and phase.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

e-mail me and i can call you and clear you head in 2 min. about how to wire these. they are very unique and not like strobes at all so be aware of that before you start connecting wires.

e-mail not pm

7. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Email sent...thanks!
    :waving:

8. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

jesus, you got those cheap.. my buddy is a dealer and he is selling them to me for his cost. 72 bucks each.. and i know thats his cost, because i see his invoice.

9. Mike - Tac 2

Mike - Tac 2 Member

That's a shame that he can't get better pricing. We should all be on the same price level. It's only fair. We are all pushing the same quality Whelen products.

Hear that Whelen?....:realmad: