1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Versatile 160 Bi Directional

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by White Gardens, Dec 8, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

One is coming up for auction locally.

Has anyone had any experience with them and what did you think? Thanks.

This isn't the one, but this is an image I found on-line.

3.9 cummins, 3 point hitch and PTO.

2. White Gardens

Sorry, hear is the pic.

160 versatile Tractor 3.JPG

160 versatile Tractor 3.JPG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. sbolli

sbolli Junior Member

Well seeing the head inside the cab is never a good thing and they have electrical issues along with being underpowered.

4. White Gardens

That photo was the best one I found on-line. It wasn't the actual machine.

The original motor on the one I was looking at had be upgraded to a 3.9 cummins. I've heard nothing but good things about that swap so I was interested in the machine.

5. sbolli

sbolli Junior Member

The electrical issue is with the rotating seat and the controls associated with it.

6. mmaddox

mmaddox Member

Depends on how you are going to use it. Early ones were fairly simple, bit hard to work on because of the tightness of things. Are you wanting/needing the three point(s), and PTO's? Use our's everyday, newest version.
    Think of it like a big SS. Operation costs tend to be higher, but will do things that other machines will not. Cost might be a question, think a few grand.