1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ventrac Introduces New Sidewalk Drop Spreader

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Michael J. Donovan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Ventrac Introduces New Sidewalk Drop Spreader

Continuing their commitment to provide industry leading solutions for snow contractors, Ventrac is pleased to unveil the new Sidewalk Drop Spreader.

This patent pending Drop Spreader is designed for the commercial snow contractor who needs the ultimate tool for spreading a variety of deicing materials with precise flow control. With a narrow frame and a 40" drop pattern, this spreader is ideal for spreading material on sidewalks and other narrow walkways. The stainless steel construction prevents premature failure due to rust and corrosion.
    The innovative compression roller system allows operators to accurately spread both coarse and free flowing materials. An easy gate adjustment allows for fine tuning flow rates based on the type of material being spread and the desired quantity being applied. The wireless remote control regulates five motor speeds for quick flow adjustments from the operator seat. A state-of-the-art agitation system prevents material bridging and eliminates the need for a traditional, noisy vibration motor.

Product Compatibility
    Unique to this products' design is the ability to be universally mounted to other power unit platforms. With mounting options for a 2" receiver hitch or a category one three-point hitch, the Ventrac Sidewalk Drop Spreader can be easily attached to other sub-compact tractors, ATV's or UTV's, making this a very versatile unit.

Standard Features and Benefits include:
    Compression Roller System
    Precision Drop-Rate Control
    Wireless Controller
    Innovative Agitation System
    Stainless Steel Construction
    Accurately Spreads Coarse and Free-flowing Material
    Universal Mounting Options
    Minimal Maintenance
    Built for Sidewalks
    Consistent Material Flow
    Increased Salt Savings
    Low Vibration
    Optional High-Capacity Extensions
    Quick Return on Investment
    Material Safety Grate
    12V Electric Drive/Transmission

The Sidewalk Drop Spreader can be mounted on all Ventrac tractor models. While applying deicing material, a Ventrac Snow Blower or V-Blade can be mounted on the front of the tractor for more efficient snow and ice management. Made in the USA. Visit for more details.

2. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

We just ordered a new 3400 with this spreader,plow,broom,blower. Can't wait to try it out

3. pdmissle

pdmissle Member

Let me know how you like it. I tried to order the same setup but the local reps (MTE out of Latham, NY) couldn't even show me a 3400. After over a month of waiting I ended up going else where to get a bobcat s70

4. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Sounds good it should be here around the 15th.

5. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Wondering if you got your Ventrac? How do you like it? How are you transporting??

6. Briankook

Briankook Member

Any word on that salter? Do you like it?

7. pdmissle

pdmissle Member

If not I have the SnowEx version I can let go this year as we are not going to need it