1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ventrac: Brand new OEM cab for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawntec, Jan 23, 2012.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

So, I bought a Ventrac in October. Most amazing machine I have owned. So I straight away ordered a blower and a cab for it. I waited almost 2 months till they both arrived, when they did I installed the cab immediatly.
    Cab is amazing, great visability, high quality build. But.....After I installed it, I realize it is 3" too tall to fit inside my enclosed trailer. I may regret this when it gets -30 degrees, but I have decided to go "open-air"! lol.
    Everything for the cab is included. It will take about 3-4 hours to install. It comes with the installation manual and all.
    This cab is still new. When I ordered it, I did not spend the extra $900 for the heat. I was just going to use a simple liquid heater from princess auto for $150.
    I have the bill of sale still. I would like to get what I paid, but I know that won't happen so I am wanting $4500 USD. It can be shipped back to the states very easily, and just as easy anywhere in Canada.
    [​IMG]

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Did you really pay that much for that cab?

3. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

Call a dealer and ask. I had it shipped from a dealer in Denver, because they were the cheapest.

4. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I would buy a new trailer.

5. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Nice set up, buy a new trailer! You will regret not having a cab in 0* temps and windy! I will give you a bump to the top!

6. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

Here are my thoughts on doing just that. Because I had to wait 8 weeks before they shippped it, I got used to using it open air. And now...to buy a new trailer for say....$8000 Then $4500 for the cab.....means a very expensive way to escape the cold. lol. I am Canadian, I am used to it. :)

7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

$8000 for a trailer? Just buy a small open trailer that the ventrac can fit on and call it a day. You can usually find small open trailers ranging from 800 to 2000 bucks. Now I may be wrong but I honestly think you are going to have a hard time selling a cab for 5k vs spending a little bit of money on a small trailer.

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^ I would agree, will be tough not to loose your azz on that cab. I haul my sidewalk machine on an open trailer, kinda sucks BUT I like the cab more....

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

PM DellDoug..he may be interested.

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Holy **** that's a lot of money for a cab! A feller around here has one of those Ventrac's he mows a bunch of super steep hills on an apartment complex and clears the sidewalks with it in the winter. He's got the cab with heat and air. It's an awesome setup.

What's that machine weigh? 1500 pounds? I'd buy a new open trailer before I'd take a bath on getting rid of the cab.

11. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

any way you can drop the floor down in trailer? just a thought