1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vent fan problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by flanny0104, Oct 31, 2008.

1. flanny0104

flanny0104 Junior Member
    from indiana

I replaced the heater/ac control in my 2002 2500hd silverado because some of the lights were no working and the first 2 levels of fan were not blowing, so after replacing the lights work and the fan still has same problem. i checked fuses and all look good but i cant seem to figure out why 1,2 on the fan switch will not blow air, 3,4,5 all work great. any ideas?

2. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

probably the blower motor resistor.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Definitly blower resistor and or connector harness. Have seen both bad often. Harness is stupid expensive from gm but not to much u can do about if it needs it.:realmad:

4. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I also lost 1,2 and 3 speeds on my blower motor on my 2003 earlier this week. I picked up a new resistor from the local auto parts store, it was only $33. When I get a chance I'll try and find where it is located on the truck. I took a quick peek behind the glove box but didn't see it.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the hush panel down from under the dash on the pass side and look up, you'll see it. :)

6. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Thanks, I'll do that in the morning.

7. flanny0104

flanny0104 Junior Member
    from indiana

thanks everyone i'll look into it.

8. flanny0104

flanny0104 Junior Member
    from indiana

Excellent info everyone it was the blower resister and it was right where you said it would be!!!!! thanks