1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Velcro Lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by andyman0291, Jan 15, 2009.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

I just bought a new mini lightbar, and was wondering if i could use velcro to mount it to my roof.

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

some how i dont see that working
    the velcro probably isnt going to hold at any sort of speeds

3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

The question is WHY??? Get the magnet mounts and or the suction cups. Don't mess up your paint job with the adhesive that Velcro has on it. You'll be looking at a new paint job. The only velcro that will hold would be the industrial type that actually locks in and I'm pretty sure that it won't hold much over 50 mph for any length of time. Velcro wears out. Magnets don't.

4. andyman0291

haha. obviously i was just joking around, im either going to mount it on a backrack or permanent mount it to the truck. lol. i just said that as a joke. wanted to see ppls resonses.

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

But nothing surprises me anymore....seen some stupid things, so ya never know...lol

6. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

7. andyman0291

lol. did he not hear it slamming against the roof?

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I don't think he was using duct tape either! Looked like the bar was held on by wire ties! What a mess!

10. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

when i first got my backrack, i didn't have time to permanently install the light so i just used the magnetic mounts on top of it. not much to hold onto there. i would take it off and toss it in the toolbox when i was driving on major roads. one time i forgot that it was there, took a ride into boston, and after about 10 seconds on the pike, the light flew off the backrack and was dangling from the chord over the rack in my bed. its permanently mounted now

11. TLB

TLB Senior Member

now that was great. That lightbar was so big it had to slow the van down;)