1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vehicles in the way...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Browny, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Browny

Browny Junior Member

Tried searching for this but don't see it. How do you veterans handle a vehicle parked in a driveway?? Do you plow what you can and say you'll be back when vehicle is moved and if so do you charge extra to come back again or is it included OR do you say too bad so sad you shouldn't park in the way. Thinking both the single occurrence and repeat offenders too. Any experience/help is appreciated!

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You have a plow. Use it

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

*All occupied parking at time of service will be left unserviced until the next service visit whereas it is vacant.

I have this in my scope of work, it essentially leaves it up to me seeing as the next service visit is predicted by conditions or me driving through.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have an auto dial service I activate when its going to snow. It call all my customers to remind them to make sure their driveway is free of cars for plowing.

5. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

My contract states that if they want me to come back to plow previously occupied spots, they are charged at a prorated rate.

6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Contract says I will come back at earliest convenience to me and will charge accordingly.

7. JDosch

JDosch Senior Member
    from Joliet

One driveway last year.

snow.jpg

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Straight out of my contract: After Hours Snowplowing will not plow or salt within 3 feet from any parked vehicles, equipment, buildings, garage doors and entry doors or other obstructions in parking lots, drives or other areas being cleared. Please attempt to move vehicles prior to our services being commenced, as drivers cannot wait for clients to move their vehicles once they arrive

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not my problem.

10. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Plowtoy, I like the idea of not getting too close to cars, I do get as close as I can to garages etc, and usually end up back dragging snow from them.

11. If our plow fits beside the vehicle we will plow it but if the car is parked in the middle of the driveway then we do between it and the road. Our clients pay us to plow not to shovel.

When we see the storm coming I send an email to all clients beforehand telling them of the expected storm and that if they cannot park inside their garage they need to park their cars as close to the edge of the driveway as possible and as close to the garage door.

This is from my contract:

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I stay far away from cars - I will clean it up when I open the end of the driveway after the town plows it closed. If the car is still there - I leave it.

13. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

It is in my contracts, residential doesn't get done if a car is in the way (and they pay a service charge for my time). Commercial no plowing between parked vehicles with less than 3 empty spaces between them. Spots will be cleaned during overnight property checks post storm once vehicles are moved. As said by someone else above, we don't wait for cars to be moved. We have a schedule to keep and it's not like it is a surprise we are coming. They know it's snowing and they know we are coming to plow. We are plow truck operators, not babysitters. JMO

14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

either come prepared or sit on the sofa.

6927457339_5c0130a224_b.jpg

15. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

This is more my style...................:salute:

thRBVNHW6R.jpg

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I like but I'm pre-emissions

17. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Pre-emissions or Pre-War ??????.............:drinkup:

18. derekslawncare