1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vehicle quick attach

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by maniakmax1788, Feb 18, 2010.

1. maniakmax1788

maniakmax1788 Junior Member

I had been thinking about this for the past few weeks on how I could rig up something to put onto a 1ton pickup truck for a quick disconnect off a skid steer system?

I have tried searching this and just haven't seemed to find anything? anyone every heard of this? or even thought about it?

DK40SE steering freeze up 011.jpg
  2. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

what and where are you going too hook????
  3. maniakmax1788

maniakmax1788 Junior Member

anything. any of the attachments i have. forks. power angle blade for down force, 10ft snow pusher box. i dont know. ive been thinging about it lately and would love to see if someone had done it already or has thought about it?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Anything can be made but I think it would be easier to use your skid
  5. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Yeah, I've pondered it too, a buddy of mine was considering a snowblower to put on the front of his F550. He has a diesel hydraulic powerpack to run a pretty good-sized blower. The truck is ideal for the application, he's got modified wheels to convert it to SRW so it tracks the front, and the deck on it is fairly narrow too. He's a good metal-fabricator and welder and he's got the tools to do it too. We were batting ideas back and forth on how to mount it.

We came to the conclusion that it would be best to keep it in tight to the front end to lessen the leverage on the front axle. Either a parallelogram-type configuration, or a vertical sliding-type of mechanism to keep it even tighter. We're not too sure on the effects on the effect of airflow to the truck's radiator.

That's about as far as the idea got, other things came up.

the faster travel would be a bonus, but it's awful hard to beat a New Holland bi-directional tractor and a Pronovost blower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UvCTY6SBc
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010