1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vehicle mount height

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Oct 27, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

ok new 9 ft 32 is built, mount is on but it looks low (2006 f250 super crew diesel). Install the mounts in the holes in the diagram but general instructions say plow pin height should be 8-10 inches , mine is more like 6 should i be moving this up .

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

From my experiences, you need to be within that 8-10" range (give or take 1/2") for evrything to be at the proper angles. As to how to get more out of your, I don't know. Hopefully either Basher or Tom will chime in here, these guys are great! If they don't, try PMing either one or both. Best of luck.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Move it up, you could have a slight mix of components. If you have the 450/550 side flanges or a older 350 box and the new xxx950 center member you have a lot more side flange then necessary. Just move the center member where it needs to be. Don't make the common mistake of taking your measurements on a empty truck. Put something in the bed to act as ballast or you will end up with the mount too high (or you could just set it at the low side of the allowable height.) Once you get your height correct you can cut off any extra side flange or leave it in case you add Timberns, larger tires or buy an X-frame truck in the future.

4. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

I must have the bigger side flanges , I know i have the 950 center piece , I moved it up 2 notches it now sits at 9.5 and all i have for ballast is a 5th wheel hitch not a terible amount of weight couple hundred pounds in the back of this truck will not move it. Side flanges dont hang below the hooks so i will just leave them , What i did notice is that i did not need spacers for center member so i had to put them on the outside of the flanges to take up the extra bolt length on the front and used them on the inside of the flanges on the rear. either way its done just have to get bumper back on then i will take some photos.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You have an older frame mount. They changed the center member to not require the spacers and droppd the cups a little further to hold the crossmember a little higher off the ground.

Post the pictures