1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Harness Wiring, 2001 Dodge Ram, Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Al Thorp, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Al Thorp

Al Thorp Junior Member

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a vehicle harness wiring diagram for my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.2L V8, 8 ft. bed, non-DRL, regular cab, dual HB-1 headlamps. I'm using Mount Assembly 62035, and Harness Kit 62917.

I've got two documents from Western in my hands:
    1) Form 13639 "DODGE RAM W1500, W2500 AND W3500 1994 & LATER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS"
    2) Lit. No. 62918 "Plug-In Harness Installation Instructions for Non DRL: 1999 & Later Dodge Ram with dual HB-1 headlamps"

I can't seem to locate a wiring diagram specific to my vehicle.

Page 13 of Form 13639 shows the type of wiring diagram I'm looking for, but it is titled "1998 & Earlier Wiring Diagram", and states "1999 & Later - See harness kit instructions".

Page 3 of Lit. No. 62918 shows a wiring diagram specific to my vehicle, but it is limited to the plug in harness only - it doesn't show the wiring for the vehicle harness.

I'm stumped. I can't find anything on Western's website to clarify this. Anyone know why?
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The only part of the wireing that is vehicle specific is the headlight adaptor, and thats still a wide range. If you are looking for wireing diagrams to install the wiring, try this

It is very simple to do. The headlight harness is plug and play for the most part, and there is very little that you need to tap into on the truck.

Hope this helps.

3. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member