1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Control Harness (3-Pin)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MUDMPR, Oct 20, 2008.

MUDMPR Junior Member

I am wiring a Western 7-1/2' straight 3-plug UltraMount plow on a 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 using a handheld control.
    I need part assistance for the vehicle side wiring.
    I am using the 29048 harness and 3-port isolation module with a 3-plug system. What is the part number for the Vehicle Control Harness (3-Pin) that I need to complete this installation?
    Thank you for input.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

P/n: 26345

MUDMPR Junior Member

Thank you B & B.

Now that I have the appropriate part, I need further wiring guidance. Maybe this installation should have been left to the pros. I try, however, to be the ultimate DIY'er.

Using the configuration above, can you let me know if my assumptions (connections) are correct.

1. Using the Harness Kit 29048, the bundles designated B and C are connected into the corresponding ports in the 3-port isolation module.

2. In the 11-pin vehicle lighting harness 26357, the bundle designated 2 is attached to the A port in the isolation module.

3. The single wire connector (black/org) at the bundle end (2) of the 26357 harness is attached to the black wire (COM) of the 29048 harness at the end with the B and C connectors.

4. The bundle (1) of the 26357 (isolation module type plug) is attached to the 29047 connector which itself is attached to the 28253 connector of the 29048 harness and the adjacent black/org wires connected.

Thank you for tutorage.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have it all covered MUD.

Just be sure you connect the head light plug in harness's into the bulbs and truck light wiring correctly (they can be flipped 180*) and you should be 100%.

MUDMPR Junior Member

B & B

Thanks again for your guidance. It's great to have a site like this to provide these services and contributors like you to help with our questions.
  6. lunatic81

lunatic81 Junior Member

Yea, make sure to line up the "A" sides and "B" sides. I know it sounds simple but it's something I overlooked doing mine as it started getting dark. Before I hooked the battery back up I went through and did a double check, I noticed that one of them said A and one said B. It's real easy to overlook when hooking up everything.