1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Alarm recommendations?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dag-otto, Nov 30, 2003.

1. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Hi Guys,
    Wondering if any of you, have any recommendations for vehicle security re. Car Alarms, ignition disablers etc... I have a 03' F-250, I wish to keep :)

Thanks in advance.
  2. David Smith

David Smith Member

My opinion is...

If someone wants your truck bad enough, they'll get it regardless of your security device.

Just like a fence, it just keeps an honest man honest.

Insurance is all that I can say :)

Lo-Jack (or whatever it's called) is said to work well!
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have to agree with David, if they want it bad enought they will take it. I have an 03 250 with 2 DVD players, navigation system, 4 TV screens and the list goes on not counting the sub and amp behind the rear drivers set. Now with that said, I put and UNGO alarm system in my car, it included a remote start with 1.2 mile range, locks your doors automatically, includes ign. disabler, but the alarm portion is pretty intence. If the alarm goes into warn mode it signals a remote you have in your posesition, if the alarm actually goes off then another signal is given on the remote.

I guess what I'm getting at is if there is any positive things about an alarm ( cause usually when they go off people that hear them don't typically do anything) is this one will signal you up to 1/2-3/4 mile that someone is breaking into your car. I paid 500.00 for the thing cause I wanted the remote start/alarm system in one.

Just my $ 0.02 worth.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  4. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Hey thanks for the reply man and the feedback, I will check out UNGO.
    B.T.W. unreal truck you have! :)

5. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

How about a few pics of the inside of that truck?? I was looking to add playstation2/ dvd player and a tv in my new crew as soon as it gets here.
  6. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Finally figuared out how to work this flamming digital camera :).
    Here's my truck ready for a storm.