1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vee question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mt8, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mt8

mt8 Junior Member

a guy was telling me the other day that if ur plowing alot of snow &
    don't wing it out far enuff when using a V plow, it can fall back
    behind the blade & u can get stuck. anybody ever experienced/heard
    of this?
    mark

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I cannot see a Vee plow being any more prone to this problem than a striaght blade. If plow is proper width for vehical, you will have no problems.

3. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

I have never heard of this nor experienced it.

4. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

Maybe if you drive head on into a 6' drift at 3 mph. Other than that no.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

No more then any other plow if it falls back. The only thing is in the scoop your carrying alot of snow and if it fell back (can't see how it would) you would be big time stuck. V position well if you bury the thing in a bank which would be a little easier to do if you rammed a pile then you would have a problem. Really the guy is wrong, it would not be an issue.

6. mt8

mt8 Junior Member

that's good to know

7. crashz

crashz Senior Member

As Tarkus said, it can happen on any plow, straight or vee. But only when the snow is real deep. I buried our old 1 ton dump plowing a full 18" at the airport one year. The snow rolled over the top and around the sides of the 9' Fisher straight blade. Within 200' the truck was completey supported by snow packed underneath. I was the only guy out at the time so I had to walk to our shop and get the loader to pull the truck out. Had to plow the majority of the ramp with the loader after that.