1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vee pro 8000 flow

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by wondo, Jan 25, 2014.

1. wondo

wondo Senior Member

I bought my vee pro a few weeks ago and can't keep the salt flowing to the auger. I sprayed everything inside the box with pam (non stick cooking spray) and it helped a little but I still had to get out and shovel salt to the back of the spreader. My salt has been clean, dry, and I keep the tarp on the box at all times. I'm thinking a 200# vibrator on the bottom of the box close to the cab. Any other ideas?

2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

2 vibrators a must in that model. That or in a dumpy you can tilt up to help the flow. Lots of threads on it already. It's common knowledge the model has flow problems.

3. wondo

wondo Senior Member

Right. None of the threads mention the size of the vibrator or where they put it.

4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

200 lb. 1 front, 1 back. Opposite sides. If I remember mine has a spot that you can tell where to mount it. I think mine has 4 spots, 2 front 2 back. Standard equiped had the one at the back. Basically same spot but at the front on the other side.

5. wondo

wondo Senior Member

Thanks I appreciate it!

6. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Run one vibrator, and take the baffle off the auger. I finally removed the baffle off the auger, the whole auger is open now. No issues at all, I can really pour the salt out now.

7. wondo

wondo Senior Member

Wouldn't you get a lot of lost material driving from site to site?

8. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Not loosing any material as the auger is not moving, therefore no salt is going out. When I fill the spreader I get a handful or 2 of salt on the spinner but nothing more than that. This is the 3rd year I have has this spreader and I kick myself for not removing the baffle before this. The couple of properties that I have only go through at most 500#s per trip, but I sub for a friend and can go through a full spreader at just one of his accounts. Much better now that I can put a lot down quickly if needed.

9. wondo

wondo Senior Member

Awesome I'm going to give it a try

10. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I also have a pro vee 8000. What worked for me is cut a inch off the baffle and I also installed two addition vibrators( same size that came on it). The first extra one- I put about 12" and off to the right of the OE one. It seems like the salt had a people flowing there. The second additional- is about directly in the middle if the hopper. I also wired mine to a separate switch. If you need pics let me know

11. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i have been running one for 4 years now and this is what i found: the auger was running backwards (factory defect)from the time i bought it till i had to replace the motor, the bottom vibrator was working but not like it should,(also factory defect) it stopped working last storm and i swapped in a 80lb that i had laying around and its flowing great now. I plain on buying a new 200lb for the bottom and putting the 80lb on the back. i also prop up the front of the salter about 4"