1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vee plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mulchmonkey2000, Jul 19, 2002.

1. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

I have done a search to see if anyone has put a plow on a 95 chevy 2500 diesel. I know a couple of you have put a 8' blade or a vee on the same truck with a gas engine...so here's my question...I went to my local western dealer and talked about my options for a new plow. The gwr is 7200 lbs. The dealer said that western doesn't even recommend putting a 7.5' blade on that truck, but since there is no warranty on the truck anymore he would do it if it was his truck. I was really hoping to put a vee plow on for commercial lots. I looked at other brands, but really like western and want to stick with them. Has anyone else put a vee on this truck? Would any of you put a vee on this truck? Thanks for your input!!!

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

You have a light duty 3/4 ton. Normal GVW is 8600, or now the HD's are 9200. You're still heavier than a 1500 at I think 6500 or 6800 GVW - so you shouldn't have a problem putting a 7.5' blade on it. I don't know all the technical specs - but I see 1/2 tons running around with 7.5 western straight blades all the time. I don't know about the V-Blades though. You'd have to check your spec's.

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I think I heard on this site that you can put heaver torsion bars on them . Call a chevy dealer to find out. If you can get the vee. If can't get 8ft western straight blade and turn up the torsion bars.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have a 2500 diesel 8600 gvw with an 8' diamond straight blade on it.Go to www.Timbren.com they are rubber boosters that you can put on fron besides turning up your tortion bars ,but remember if you turn them to much you will kill your tires or in the off season you will have to turn back down.

5. mulchmonkey2000

i'm definately going to put a plow on the truck. I was just wondering if anyone would put a vee plow on there if they were me? Not sure how good of an idea it is. :confused:

6. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

Honestly I have two trucks one with 9' straight blade, other with 8.5 V. Same GVW truck, one with V is EX cab. That truck & plow combo handles better going down the road. I would get the V, ther're not much heavier.

7. mulchmonkey2000

mike, is it diesel or gas, the truck you have the vee on? I think they will put a heavier blade on the gas trucks b/c the engines are lighter than the diesel's are