1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vee plow vs straight blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stanza, Nov 28, 2010.

1. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

I have a dodge 2500 2010 with a mm2 vee plow. No snow yet but I never had a vee and feel kind of uncomfortable using it. I really only do small parking lots and driveways. The straight blade was so easy, this vee has too many buttons. Can I just sell my vee plow, (Just plow ) and hook up a straight blade using my already installed harness. If so I can just sell this v and get the 9' straight and be happy. thanks guys and happy plowing.
    SteveO

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Keep the "V"...Use the "V".....Give it the season and i think you will change your Mind...

Yes..It takes a little getting used to....Once you get the hang of it....You will Love It..:drinkup:

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

You can do things with a V you can't do with a straight blade! Keep it!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You will love the Vee.

5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Holy cow man, this is a first! Give it a season. Once you figure out how/when to use the functions you will be amazed with the time you save. Every lot or drive is different but the versatility of the V plow is a bonus, don't give it up!

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does your controller have the mode button, or is a new plow like the truck?

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I totally agree :drinkup:

8. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

mm2 v vs straight

This is a brand new plow.
    My old straight blade had a up down left right stick. Very easy.
    This handheld controller has about 7 or 8 buttons.
    I cant just shift the plow left or right. Each wing has a button and to bring each side in you have to hit button twice, depending on where it is.
    It just seems as though it might be very time consuming. Is there a controller that will allow me to use the plow as a straight blade or do I have to move each side individually?
    Thanks for everyones time.
    SteveO

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

You can use it like a straight blade.... Get one wing fully retracted, the extend the other wing completely, then you can use the "left" and "right" buttons and it will work just like a straight blade

10. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

If its a new plow then you can operate as a straight blade too!

11. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

thanks fellas
    I'll try in the am and see how it goes.

12. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

One of my seniors got a V last season......he didn't like it either cause it's different.