1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vee plow skid shoe adjustment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rbronkema psfd, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Hey guys just wondering how everybody else has there skid shoes adjusted on there vee plow. I was looking through the owners manual last year when i got the plow and I thought that I had it figured out. Well I ended up getting more wear in the center of the wear blade than anything. The owners manual said to have the center one raised just a little higher than the other two. I don't know if it from me having the plow scooped or what. Help me out Thanks.

Ryan

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I take off the end ones and the center one i raise it all the way up.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The shoes are on the ground when the ground is NOT frozen or on loose gravel ... The rest of the time The shoes on the wings are raised all of the way up or off.
    The center one is about 2" higher than the edge, It' there more to protect the plow frame from damage when pushing snow over the curbs.

The cutting edge is bearing the weight of the plow. so, as you push in the scoop mode more, you will where the center down faster .

How many edges do You go through in a season?

My clients pay for snow removal not leave a little behind ..
    Scrape it to pavement then salt..

4. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

The plow I have is brand new as of last fall. I was just looking at it the other day when I went to get some pics of it on my truck and thought that that it looked funny. Well I will play around with it some more this fall before the snow hits. I am not to worried about it right now but I thought that I would ask for some imput. Thanks again.