1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vee Or Straight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 92XT, Dec 9, 2007.

1. VEE

55 vote(s)

35 vote(s)
  1. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

What Plows Do You Own?
  2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I will never own a straight blade again! The Vee is so much faster and it reminds more of running equipment than running a plow.
  3. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I have a straight now. This is my first year and i can't imagine a vee plow would be much better than straight for residentials, but for commercial i imagine it would be much more efficient.
  4. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

They are great when running isle ways in parking lots, minimal snow is lost against the cars. And the stacking capabilitys of the V are only matched by a loader.
  5. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

No comparison for me. The V is faster, easier, maybe even safer. I have a few tough drives that I wouldn't do without the V. No worry about getting pulled off to the side. The scoop cleans up faster, and stacks better. I plowed 12 inches at our church Tuesday. I did it in less time then it used to take to clear 4 inches.
  6. are wide outs and the xls like a v or more of a straight
  7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I'd like to get a V. I'll probibly wait till the next truck though.
  8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

We run Both.
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

straight's with removable pro-wings.
    Only way to fly.
  10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

All I can say is, start imagining. :D

I do pretty much strictly residentials and my vee has been a HUGE help. It saves so much time in both scooping, moving and stacking snow, as well as breaking open those long "road type" driveways during big storms like the 20+" that we just got. A lot less likely to get stuck, since the plow is so much less likely to throw the truck to one side.

Absolutely NO COMPARISON. VEE all the way.
  11. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

got the old straight plow,
  12. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I would love a V but there all to big for me
  13. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Currently a straight blade owner. I hope to buy a V in the next year or two. Alot of times a v would save me time with the ability to scoop.
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

straight right now, but on my next truck i am going to get a new fisher entended. I like the blizzard, but i still like the ability to have the chain in case of a break down and the ability to short chain....
  15. BenW455

BenW455 Junior Member
    from WV

Started with a straight but bought a V last year. I would not go back. The V is great.
    payupTime is money. payup
  16. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

They both have their places of duty! But I'm a straight shooter! I don't need no stinkin' Vwesport
  17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

but that was not an option..;)

I will never buy a straight plow again:nono:
  18. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

all my trucks have straights but starting with my next truck it will be a vee
  19. hoop

hoop Junior Member

v blade

v blades for the managers-straight for the others
  20. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have all three types of plows.2 Blizzard. 1 V and 1 straight. When the V is worn out it will get replaced with another Blizzard.