1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Broncslefty7, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

Does anyone know if boss has any plans to manufacture a solid cover for their spreaders, and if so will they retrofit to already purchased spreaders? also does anyone have any of these that has run them for at least a season? looking for some feed back on ground clearance when fully loaded. Im looking for a spreader for my '14 F350 pick up

2. alpine779

alpine779 Member

We ran 250yds through ours last season. Its mounted in an 05 F-350 drw, no issues with ground clearance fully loaded. Don't forget the height of the spinner is adjustable somewhat as well. Had issues with incorrect gear oil (freezing up in our cold weather) and bad sensor for top gate. After that was corrected by Boss all was good.
  3. LeVarlawncare

LeVarlawncare Junior Member
    from midwest

I ran 150 yards through mine . I have a 06 2500 hd with air ride suspension. I absolutely love this spreader. It never let me down.
  4. rjets00

rjets00 Member

I wonder if we will see a 4yd version of this spreader?
  5. Broncslefty7

my boss rep tells me possibly a 3 yd and for next year solid covers that retrofit to all of their vbx's.
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm holding out for the solid cover. Not enough improvements overall on the spreader to justify the cost difference from Salt Dogg right now. They are definatly nicer, just not 2K nicer.
  7. Broncslefty7

^^Agreed, getting a blizzard ice chaser next week
  8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

They're closer to boss. Salt doggs are cheap $3500