1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vbx salters

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Nov 9, 2013.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

prsportLooks like we decided to go with a few this year and see how they r I hope they are as good as boss plows. Time to start installing more pics later.

1453516_656276267726625_1969594091_n[1].jpg

2. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I just bought one yesterday. First time for vbox had to wait for the new Boss since I have had great luck with there plows. It fit real well in my ford 6.5 bed.

3. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Don't like electric. How much can the alternator of your truck put out? I only run gas engine salter.
    Any question feel free to e-mail me "salt spreader" in the subject line
    to_buy@yahoo.com

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I don't care for gas. More to go wrong. Another motor to maintain. Etc

5. alpine779

alpine779 Member

Lookin good, still waitin for ours. Dealer said its delayed because the controllers and vibrators aren't made yet? Anybody else get the same line? Already had one plow event and 3 sanding events here. Ordered this back in early October and apparently its gonna be another week and a bit. Hope its worth the wait. Got a new dxt to go with it. We ordered it in Michigan and it will be installed in Michigan.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Your dealer is feeding you a line.....

7. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

cheaper:D

Totally agree Jim has them in stock and I bet

8. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Is there really a concern of pulling to much juice? My first vbox I got the chain. Sorry Jim, but my dealer is only 40 miles away and has been good to me over the years. I took mine off today with my new gantry crane and electric hoist. Got to figure a way of placing the straps so it will level out.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol the ol "pulls too much juice" comment. I assume from someone that's never had one. That too my friend, is a line.

It's a plow truck.........if you're truck doesn't produce the amount of juice needed to be self sufficient, that's your own fault. Not to mention you're not plowing and salting at the same time, so it must not produce enough to power the plow either.......which draws more.

10. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Yep, my first one. Just going off what someone here mentioned. Didn't think it would.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya I was referring to post #3. Drawing too much juice would be the least of my concerns. I run several elec V boxes and its never been an issue. You're going to love it.