1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbx in short box

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by beaugross, Jan 6, 2014.

1. beaugross

beaugross Member

Had anyone ran the vbx8000 in a 6.5 or 6.75 bed? After watching the video on the boss site, the ford they show looks to be a short box and it fits perfectly. However all the specs say 8'...
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy who ran one years ago, had to leave the tailgate down and rest it on there.
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I know for a fact an shpe2000 will fit in my short box. Compare the length to the boss and see
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I know a polycaster fits in a short box. It can't be too much different size wise than a vbx.
  5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I saw one in a short bed GMC this past storm. Fits fine.
  6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

It works fine, that was my first concern. I have a 2011 F-350 SRW extended cab with 6.5 or 6.7 bed. There is still actually around a foot left over behind cab. The spreader unit of course hangs out but no farther than a tailgate spreader. If you had the new Boss v-box in a full 8' bed you would be able to keep your toolbox. That was the only draw back was tool box and transfer fuel tank had to come out. You will have no problem with short bed.
  7. beaugross

beaugross Member

Sweet...thanks for the input fellas...keep warm today. I had -18 in coudersport pa today.
  8. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

That's Gods country in Potter county?
  9. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Not far from me in Lock Haven, Pa
  10. beaugross

beaugross Member

Thats correct mike33
  11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You guys are right down the road from me, relatively speaking
  12. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Put 2 4x4 under salter done job!:salute:
  13. beaugross

beaugross Member

Next question...anyone run lime stone chips or pee gravel through one? That is a lot of weight with it being an electric motor...just curious.
  14. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Ditto on this question.