1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VBX 8000 INfo

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Broncslefty7, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

does anyone have a picture or a measurement for ground clearance of a vbx8000 on the back of an f250 or 350. id like to pick up a boss spreader this year but the clearance doesnt look very good or as good as with a icechaser/tornado. any feed back would be awesome. ive been researching for months and looking to purchase by the end of the week.,

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

They adjust up and down, i think you can even tow a trailer with it in. No pics tho

3. Broncslefty7

everything ive seen online shows them lower then the tow hitch. id like to have it at least bumper eight.

how do you like yours? any complaints

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

But it there great. The spinner unit comes off with 2 pins unplug wire, then put your hitch in receiver hook up trailer. When spinner is on its adjustable.

5. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

There great spreaders I would buy another one

6. Broncslefty7

wish they had those poly covers on them. that would be cool, we have a couple of properties we own that are like 30 mins from our snow base.

7. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

The tarp goes on and off easy and will not blow off

8. Broncslefty7

how is the chute structure, pretty solid? looks like it could be a little flimsy. (not snow bank resistant)

9. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I will take my chute off if I'm plowing for a long time. I will say I did back into some piles and never did hurt it. The chute is mainly stainless steel it's just covered with plastic it's very strong I wouldn't suggest backing into stuff but it will take some abuse.

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Keep the chutes off anything you buy. Epically if you have employees. Learned that the hard way

11. Broncslefty7

kinda hard to sand without the chutes on though. i mean if i could keep the spinner at least bottom of bumper height it would be good.

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Put chute back on when you're sanding. No reason to have it smashed up when you're plowing lots

13. Broncslefty7

true. over analyzing paralyzation. lol

14. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I actually have aback up camera installed in mine. Just bought the ford oem and plugged in to factory plug. Works well.