1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox vibrator mount

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Italiano67, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Just wanted to get opinions on where exactly to mount the 200 lb vibrator on a 8 ft Vbox. Also can it be bolted directly to the stainless side or does it need a separate mounting plate that goes between the vibrator and the sidewall.

2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We have 2 stainless v box spreaders w/drag chain and have never run a vibrator on either only on the plastic with augers.

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have ran these boxes for years and am tired of the sticking etc. Just thought I would try vibrators and see if it will help. I know it isn't a magic bullet but it should help some.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What I would do. A plate inside and a plate outside then the vibrator. Stainless nuts and bolts as well

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I echo what dieselss said. I have an 8'stainless w/hyd auger. It came with a vibrator mounted on the side of the V about halfway between top and bottom at the rear corner. I took the vibrator off of my tailgate spreader before I got rid of it and mounted it on the opposite front corner. Both wired to same switch. Works great and have NEVER had a sticking issue. Good luck.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't it tell you in the instructions where it goes? I know that mine did for the snow exs.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No, not usually on s.s. Or steel vbox

8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Thanks guys