1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VBOX Very Happy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mike33, Dec 14, 2013.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Last weekend was the real test after I figured out the hard way to set the pintle on 4 instead of 10 like I did prior. With the snow, sleet, and freezing rain I went thru about 5 ton. I was able to be so efficient of going place to place with out opening bags. Several places got nasty where I was able to salt while I was plowing due to having to back down a hill to make second pass. I had one store manager so impressed that we was able to show bare blacktop while the storm was still here. I told him I was able to throw twice the salt, charge same price, and make more money for myself. I had no jam issue but I strived to make it happen by having a place to store my salt I built over the summer. I actually would pull truck in my garage and load it so salt wouldn't get wet during loading. Monday morning I was loaded and nothing happened, so I decided to dump the salt back in my salt bin. I could believe in less than 10 minutes it was empty. Know I know why first time out I only got 4 saltings on a hopper since I had it set on 10. I had several people look at it and was impressed and was looking to buy one. I knew to be patient Boss would deliver a good product. Not only that red looks better than yellow anytime.

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

We appreciate your business! Thumbs Up

3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Any mess in the bed from the conveyor?

4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Also, do you notice the "surge" of materials from the conveyor system? How is the spread pattern from left to right? Consistent or do you find it to be heavier on one side? I checked out a buddies TGS 800 and it seemed to throw too
    heavy on the drivers side.

5. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Amazing, not even a handful.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I do notice a surge thinking it was just from me having it set on 4. I had 2 people follow me and they said the pattern looked nice.