1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox throttle control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by edshipp19, Aug 22, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

My Vbox currently has manual throttle/choke control and i would like to convert it to electric. I looked in the Jthomas book and saw a throttle motor and a throttle actuator what do i need so i don't have to get cold and wet when i want to start spreader motor for the first time during a storm.
  2. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I forgot to mention it is a Briggs I/C 8 hp motor
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You can buy an electric conversion kit from almost anyone. Really does not matter what brand spreader as the kits are somewhat universal and most motors are briggs. You will need to more wires from your cab so you may be better off running a new cable to control all functions. After that it is just a toggle in the panel.

Hardest part is usually getting it adjusted to that you can get the right choke and full throttle travel.
  4. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

i am in the same boat os the other guy here. I haev a flink lmc6a seven foot vbox and i have bought a 11hp honda but need an electrict throttle for it where and how makes then that i can get to fit this engine....

thank you
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

My Torwell had no throttle control, but did have an electric choke. It was a simple solenoid that pulled the choke on, just a momentary on/off switch is all that's needed. I'd preset the throttle just above idle and I never had to get out of the truck other than to refuel it. Much easier than an electric throttle.