1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CUIBGRAY, Sep 16, 2008.

CUIBGRAY Junior Member

I am looking to buy a couple Vbox spreaders this year. Can anyone help with what brand to go with? I have a couple Snowex but want to get away from them. Thanks for any help.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i think my curtis is the way to go
  3. rjets00

rjets00 Member

So what are some of your issues with snow ex? I was just wandering cause I was wanting to buy one this year. Thanks
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

might be interested in a snow ex....u selling ?
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

the snow ways look real nice! IMO if you can afford hydro, spend the extra $$$$ and outfit your truck and buy a used Swenson SS spreader from a state department..you can get them for under $1k and they are awesome!!!!! i got mine for $750.......they are way cheeper than the smaller spreaders and the bigger two ton trucks are a lot cheeper too.

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I was impressed with the snowex spreaders at the northeast ice expo today but couldn't believe the prices. 7k for the 7500 or 8500 and 11k for the 9500. That is too much money! I really like my Downeaster electric ss.

CUIBGRAY Junior Member

Thanks for all the help. I heard that snowex got bought and there might be some changes. I dont have any for sale this year.
  9. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

I have 3 salt dogs and they have been working excellent
  10. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Sno-pro what model salt dog do you have? I was thinking of buying a 1500 or 2000 for my personal pick-up.
  11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have had Airflo's and Downeasters without major issues.