1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VBox Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Eng63Trk16, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Eng63Trk16

Eng63Trk16 Junior Member

Looking into buying a new VBox spreader. Since this would be my first time owning one i s wondering if anyone had there 2 cents about waht is a good reliable product or what they have had succes with. Looking at the SnowEX. Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
    Bob

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  2. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Just switched over to v-boxes myself. After 9 years of throwing bags around we figured it was time. We went with the Buyers stainless 8' model from Angelo's Supply for 2999.00. Probably not the best spreader but for the money it can't be beat, so we bought two. The drawbacks to the snow-ex and other electric models is the salt seems to bridge and not drop to the chute real well, even with the vibrator running. I suppose it depends on how dry your salt is. The other problem with a bulk spreader is your salt supply. We keep our salt in a bin with a roof and use a Bobcat to load. If you don't have the room or equipment to keep the salt you better be sure to secure a good supplier that is open when the storms hit. No matter the drawbacks, driving into a lot and hitting a button without having to stand in the bed of a truck to cut bags is priceless. We knocked off almost 2.5 hours from our salt route.

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

One word for you.... stainless. :cool:

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

You might want to check out the new Swenson LPV Vbox. It is electric driven and very simple. It is not offered in stainless but I keep it soaked with diesel and it will be a long time before rust is an issue.