1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox spreader chute question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by edshipp19, Jan 6, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Is it possible to shorten an extended chute to a regular one for a pickup? How much work would it be?
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Done it. Cutting the shaft and moving the bearing and spinner up is not a big deal. I cut the chute with a plasma cutter but a sawzall or cutting disk would work.

What kind of spreader? Most of the chutes can be bought for $300 or so. I guess it comes down to your time and skill.
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

most shutes can be swapped for about 150.00. Or look for a guy with a flat bed or dump and a short shute and maybe swap
  4. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I tried to contact airflo about a new regular chute and was unable to. Does anyone have an email address or someway to contact them Also thanks for the replies
  5. plowed

plowed Senior Member

6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I tried the address given on the website info@air-flo.com and it gets sent back to me as undeliverable anyone else have a sugestion as i don't really have time to call during the day
  7. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Another question for you guys. How tight shoud the conveyor chain be? Should the bottom just hang high enough not to rub on the inside of the two pieces of channel?

BOB JONES Junior Member

air flow dealer Angeloes supply in mi. 2484781729 they will have the chutes