1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vbox snowblower/push spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by lorentzlawnsnow, Oct 7, 2005.

1. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

i have a dilemma some of you may have a creative answer for.
    i run a v box in my truck, but this year i am going to need room to haul a small snowblower and a push spreader for doing sidewalks. the vbox pretty much takes up my whole bed so outside of strapping everything on top of my vbox and having a 10 foot high truck, i'm out of ideas. any help?
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

what type of spreader? could you make a rack that basically is like your tail gate but has a notch it in for you v box spreader?
  3. lorentzlawnsnow

western 8 ft v box. if i made a tailgate, i still wouldn't have room in the bed for the equipment.
  4. lorentzlawnsnow

i think i am going to have to end up changing my setup for this truck and go with a tailgate spreader. (hopefully used) anyone looking for an 8 ft western vbox? possible trade for large tailgate spreader? when i get a chance to get down to my dad's shop and take pics i'll put it in the classified section on here if i haven't gotten rid of it yet.
  5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

How about????

How about welding up a tray that sets onto your bumper just over the discharge of your spreader to hold the blower and spreader.
    They have them that go into your hitch for cars are rated for 600lbs or so.A welder and some steel you could whip something up.
    I guess it depends on if you need a yard and a half of material with you or not.
    Just my two cents.