1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox Mounting Help

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by snowconcepts, Jan 22, 2012.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I have a SnowEx Vbox spreader I am trying to mount in my dump truck. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to secure it to the bed and where to tie the straps down to?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

we just bolt them to the floor,,used metal plates under the bed for extra strength,,,and s.s. hardware

3. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Are you talking about bolting the spreader or the eylets for the straps?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

bolting the spreader to the bed on the truck. we havent used the tie downs for years

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

We had arms at the front made to bolt the spreader to the sides. On the larger ones, we had 2 sets of arms installed on each side.

We then extended the tongue down at the back and welded on a matching plate to bolt it to.

Never happy with straps in a dumpy, to top heavy and slides around. On cold cold days we would sometimes elevate the box just to help.

6. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Can you post pics of the arms you have to secure the spreader?