1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VBox in a pickup guys-just curious

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JimMarshall, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Does the DOT/highway patrol give you any flack about your plate being covered? Just curious. All ours are dumps so the plate is already offset to the side.

2. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

My tornado has a spot molded into it for a license plate but I never mess with it. I just leave my plate on the truck bumper and it is covered by the spreader. So far (5 years) I have had no problems. Knock on wood.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Same here, no problems. We've always figured if the cops don't like it they'll either call the number on the side of the truck or pull us over.

4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

13 Years, never been pulled over.. All plates are covered, front and back.. I always thought it would be a problem

5. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Reason I ask is there is a PennDOT engineering office here in town, they have a truck on site with a Western Plow and a Tornado, followed it through town and saw they had the plate bolted to the Tornado..... It never occurred to me that you would need to worry about it. Was just wondering if others did the same, or if they didn't, if they had ever had any problems.

6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Both my plates are covered . Never had a issue. I see a few guys have them mounted on there sanders

7. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Been pulled over a couple of times in different towns. Now we bolt them to the engine compartments so they are visible. One less thing to get stoped for.

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have years that I don't get pulled over at all and then years that I get inspected 5-6 times. It's easier when your not sweating over small details knowing you done everything you can think of right. If you move the plate on the back you also have to have it lighted...

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You guys State must requires 2 plates My state on trucks with 18k plate is one and its on the front

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I move my rear plate to the frame work next to the 3rd brake light on my snow ex 8500.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I know a guy who got stopped for having snow over his license plate while plowing... so they are watching here.

The rear plow on the one ton has been moved up to the flatdeck's bulkhead, with bright LED lighting over it so there is no excuse not to see it.

The front plate, however, is still hidden behind the plow because I can't find a good place to locate it that doesn't interfere with visibility or airflow...

12. wondo

wondo Senior Member

I have mine bolted next to the spinner pin on my snowex vee pro. I have been meaning to wire a light to it as well. It's a simple precaution to not worry about getting pulled over.

13. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Never had a problem in Ohio