1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vbox drag chain install

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by andrewlawnrangr, Nov 27, 2011.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hello all
    i am going to install a new drag chain on an air flo spreader. the old one self destructed and i removed before writing down which direction does the chain go. i know the drag bars lay on the bottem of the spreader, but which part of the chain is supposed to touch the gears. if any one has a picture that would be great.

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Drag bars get layed down flat on the bottom of the spreader, only one way in with the drag bars on the bottom. The links are the only thing that touches the gears, watch for the chain getting caught up on the cross bars underneath. Adjust your take ups after the chain is in and master linked.

3. andrewlawnrangr

thank you, i am looking for which part of the link ( flat side or link pin) is supposed to touch the gear

4. Moonlighter

Cool here ya go.

new 004.jpg

new 005.jpg

5. andrewlawnrangr

perfect... thank you moonlighter

6. LON

LON Senior Member

the drive sprockets pull against the back side of the links and NOT against the pins

7. Moonlighter

No problem

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

make sure you take a ton of blood pressure medication before you start. The amount of cursing I heard from our mechanic last year when he replaced one was second to none.