1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Variable speed spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mdm services, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mdm services

mdm services Junior Member
    from toronto

just bought a Fisher tailgate spreader with the fixed speed. The dealer wants over 400$ just for the variable speed control. Do i need the Fisher brand control or will a generic model do?? Is this something i would be able to purchase at an industrial electric shop? Is anyone selling one of these controls?
    thanks in advance.
  2. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

I believe the Fisher model will accept other controllers. These "variable speed" controllers are very generic and simple to connect. Check the forsale places and try to find just the controller.

The Meyer website has a diagram for their mini-salter and it shows the basic configuration. This is similar to most units.
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Look at one of the sponsors in here, I think "Central" something or other has universal controlers, if not there is a site that sells them and I think its called "OMEGA CONTROLERS". Google "Omega" and see whats comes up.
  4. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Go to the top of the page. Click on the white box with the red circle in it. That is Karrier. It is kinda hard to read the name. They sell Omega Controllers.