1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

variable speed not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by emeraldgreen, Nov 16, 2007.

1. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

My variable speed controller doesn't seem to be working. It runs at one speed. Someone told me that it could be the potentiometer in the control. Can anyone tell me how to test this?
  2. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

Take a 1156 lightbulb and socket and make a pigtail to splice into the output side of the control , using the pigtail , splice the lightbulb socket into the control output. Turn the control all the way up, the bulb should illuminate brightly, turn it to 50 percent ant it should dim considerably, you get the idea. You can also use a volt meter, but you cannot put much of a load on the circuit with it, I have found the light bulb setup to be more accurate in diagnosing our Storm Gaurd brand GL400 controllers, hope this helps, good luck.