1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Variable speed controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ripple, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Ripple

Ripple Member

My Western proflo II salt spreader controller stopped working. Hooked up the spreader tonight and tried to trun on the unit and the controller did not light up. I checked the fuse and put a meter to the wires going into the controller and all has power. But I think the controller is junk!

Since I have the variable speed controller and its only 2 years old what should I do. Is there some way to get a new one at a cheap price?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd suggest first check taking it apart and checking the connections inside the controller. Pretty simple, just four little screws on the sides holding the cases together.

3. Ripple

Ripple Member

Thanks Mick>>>

I did take it apart and I am not sure how to test it!
    It looks brand new inside!

4. huskertaz

huskertaz Junior Member

Good question. My Proflo 2 is doing the same thing. This will be its 3rd season. I know Western has a 2 year snow season warranty, but not sure. I cannot get mine in to the dealer until Nov 27th, so was hoping if anyone had any other ideas as well. We checked all the fuses and battery connection. Everything was fine. There was a little corrosion on the connection in the back of the truck, but cleaned it out and put more lube in it. Any help would be appreciated.

5. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

See my reply to a similar thread about the schematic diagram, dealing with just this issue today on BOTH of our ProFlo 2s!! They are supposed to be honoring the warranty even outside the 2 years as it is a known issue..

Bill

6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

..bet they have a blue/purple dot on the back and are in the 300-400 lot #....??

Bill

7. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Had the same thing happen to mine last year, just barely over the 2 years, but they replaced it no charge. Bad thing is I think my replacement is bad too, hit the power switch and no light. I haven't hooked up the spreader yet, but i think I should still get the green power light.

8. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Omega Controller for Western Spreaders

The Omega 1030 is priced right and it'll deliver the power to make your spreader work great. Get a new Omega 1030 at www.karrierco.com. You'll love the way we make your spreader work.

Bob