1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Variable Speed Control -Lesco Mini Load

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MGardner, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

Has anyone had trouble with there variable speed controler ? This eve as I PMed the rig for possible freezing rain in the early AM I noticed NO JUICE to my Mini-Load. Pulled controller and wired it direct and the spreader runs wide open . I know now spreader isn`t the problem. It has a reset switch on controler, do the reset go bad? In a hell of a bind.:confused:

2. SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE

SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE Member

MGardner,
    I just got my Mini Load a few weeks ago, so you probably have much more experience with them than me, but I thought of a couple places to check if you haven't already.

1)Fusible link? I have an inline fuse for the controller on mine at
    the battery-is the fuse possibly blown?

2)All wires hooked up correctly at the back of the controller?

3)Check power wire for rubbing/insulation damage-could be
    shorting out-maybe where the wires come through the floor
    or go through the firewall.

You probably already checked these, but maybe they'll help. If not I'd call Lesco and see if they can give you any insight. I'll be anxious to see what you find so I can watch for similiar problems on my Mini Load. (No problems to date-KNOCK ON WOOD)

Good Luck!