1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vapor Lock ? 1979 K-10

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by edshaheen79k10, Apr 22, 2006.

1. edshaheen79k10

edshaheen79k10 Junior Member
    from usa

I have a 1979 K-10 w/ 305-4bbl . Eldelbrok intake and carb. Stock fuel system. My question is, after the engine warms up and I shut it off, it is very difficult for it to restart. I have a clean inline fuel filter which during this attempted restart, there is no fuel going to the carb. Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this problem?
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've never had that problem. Is this a new issue? Vapour lock is usually long term.

Has the fuel pump ever been replaced? Pressure tested? I think a new one is only around $35 or so, piece of cake to swap. Make sure they are nice and far away from the exhaust wherever possible.
  3. wolf4980

wolf4980 Junior Member
    from mn

that carb is pretty much the old carter abs they had the same problem i had that same problem does it start much better if you hold it to the floor?? Mine always does install a 1/2 in or 3/4 in phenolic spacer whats happening is the fuel is boiling over and flooding the engine.
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Man, I hope he's got it figured out by now. That post was from back in April.