1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vandalism : Sugar in fuel tank.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MileHigh, Aug 1, 2009.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, I'm pissed. All happened in my freaking driveway.

04 F250 6.0 liter Powerstroke.

21" mower stolen out the back,
    SkilSaw stolen out the back,
    Tire Slashed,
    And who knows how much sugar was poured into my tank. Could be 5 pounds of crap.

Somebody is gonna get shot.

I was doing my lawn route yesterday when I ran low on fuel. I went to go fill up and noticed a bunch of sugar sitting on the spout.

I did a little research and found out sugar is not soluble in gas or diesel...meaning it will not dissolve. This is a good thing as if it was mixed with water..it can easily enter the cylinders.

I heard it will just stay in granular form and clog your "sock" and fuel filters.

So my plan is to:

- Pull Fuel Tank and clean thoroughly.
    - Clean all fuel lines.
    - Swap out fuel pump.
    - Swap out filters and sock.
    - Run a injection cleaner through when completed.

What do you guys think I should do?

I'm stressed out

2. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

1.First of all get a locking fuel cap.
    2.Your repair plan sounds good, do what you listed
    3.Get all your friends to keep an eye out for your mower and saw.

I have dealt with sugar in the tank on stuff at work, its not fun or cheap. Pretty much one of the lowest things a jerk could do to you/your business, so if you find him..:realmad::gunsfiring:

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow! Sorry to hear about what happened. Do you know who did it or was it just a random act of vandalism?

Anyway, I've heard the same thing you have, sugar will just clog up your filters. I think you've got a good game plan. I'd clean the tank out really well like you're planning and I'd change the filters a couple times before I'd be satisfied with it.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

where is my A-K 47 at when I need it.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Sugar can get harden if dry. Happened to me before. Require clean really good.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

who did you piss off???

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Him he is so nice on the site to everyone :jester: FYI I live 2k miles away

8. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

invest in a survailance system

9. tracer22j

tracer22j Junior Member

make sure you flush tank out well have seen it get stuck in all the plastic in tank

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

its a good thing you notoced this when you did, id put up a couple cameras and those sensor lights, they've cought ppl in my house before..

11. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I would start with this, then do what you have to make it even... No matter how mad i get at someone i could bever destroy vehicles, of course i'm man enough to confront someone if they piss me off. I would end up in jail if this happened to me...

Sounds like you have a good plan to get it cleaned up though..
    Sucks to hear that man, goodluck getting it all cleaned up and i hope you find and prosicute the @ssholes that stole your stuff and did this.

12. mattbob18

mattbob18 Junior Member
    from Maine

That guy that did it is looking at this right now i bet you!!

13. rayslayer

rayslayer Junior Member
    from canada

make sure you keep the sugar flavored diesel so that SOB can have a tasty treat to drink!!! it really pisses me off when people F with your stuff!!!!