1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Valvoline Next Gen Oil

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PPP, Mar 6, 2012.

1. PPP

PPP Member

Does anybody have any experience with this oil? It's the 50% recycled oil. A few years back Sears had an oil marketed like this and it was a flop. Advance Auto Parts is offering a $20 rebate in the form of an American Express Gift Card and its only $20 for 5 quarts of oil. So its like getting the oil for free. I know they have been hyping the marketing behind it. The regular price is close to what they get for some Synthetic Blends. I picked up a container and I am going to use it for my lawn mowers. I change the oil every 3 weeks during mowing season. I was thinking of picking up another container to use in my dump truck. I dont put enough miles on it so I change the oil every 3 months. This just might be the oil I try in it.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I used it once and was intrigued by the mail in rebate. I also got a used oil container for free with the purchase of the 5qt jug. The effort they required for the mail in rebate made it not worth the $7 dollar check I would have gotten. I'm sure the oil is just fine to use on a regular basis.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a vehicle that I ran conventional oil in. The price point is really holding it back at this point, it's the same as "new" oil.
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I think I'll give it a try!